June 4, 2013

Globe LTE: The Untold Truth You Should Know About This Technology


Credit: www.globe.com.ph
The official website of Globe Telecom brags to be - The first and the biggest 4G network now made faster and better with LTE technology. How true?

I say that Globe's claims is a marketing lie. It may be true to others, but not all and there is more to it behind the scene.


Getting the cue from Globe's FAQs, I answered them based on my own personal experience. Check them out below and provide your own experiences using the comments section below the article.

1. Why is Globe launching LTE just now? 
Since I haven't experience LTE yet on my iPhone 5, they may have launched LTE for their marketing strategy. 
2. Is your LTE rollout part of your network modernization program? 
Maybe. However, their modernization program seems to be creating more problems to their consumers like me, rather than providing a good user experience.


3. What kind of LTE network will Globe roll out? 
To experience is to believe that they are really rolling out.


4. When is Globe rolling these out?They claimed that they have rolled out LTE, but until now (mid-2013) I haven't experience receiving their LTE signal.


5. What areas will benefit from the LTE rollout? They have listed several areas but when I went there, I am not getting the LTE signal. Even the 3G signal is not consistent.


6. Why is the initial rollout focused in Makati? What about the other cities and provinces? 
The latest info from Globe is that they already went beyond Makati. But how will I believe them if I haven't received any LTE signal even in the heart of Makati's Business District? 
7. When will devices be available? 
My Apple iPhone 5 locked with Globe was acquired last December 2012. Until now (June 4, 2013), no LTE signal. 

I used several help channels of Globe to raise the issue on the LTE signal of my handset. On Twitter, @talk2globe said that my SIM needs to be activated-even if it is clearly printed that it is 4G LTE ready. Twitter users can follow @talk2globe to see for yourself the problems encountered by Globe users.

I just do hope that the activation of my SIM will not be overtaken by a new technology. (perhaps a 5G)

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I have a friend who just availed iPhone5 P1799 plan. And she is not receiving any LTE signal. We searched online to solve the problem but most of the results tells us to upgrade the software to be able to see the "Enable LTE" in the Settings Menu. Now she is still trying to configure it by herself before she makes a call to a customer service representative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe the problem is on your phone. i am from La Union and to tell u i am enjoying the 4G LTE sefvice of globe, and i haven't encounter any problems yet. and oh btw, im using samsung galaxy s4 >.<

    ReplyDelete